Skip to main content

Blogathon : Day 09 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com


Prompt for the Day : One Avataar of Matarani That Fits You or a Woman You Know



Today, with this post, once published, will mark the end of this blogathon that I participated in with so many wonderful moms, each with their own stories to tell. We bonded over our shared love for our children and motherhood. Each of them, had fought and conquered their fears, challenges, obstacles and every single one of them had come out stronger than before. I dedicate this post to each one of them...

I also recently, found my girl gang, we bonded over our love for reading. But each day, that I have known them - I have thanked God, for this group of friends - the booktroverts gang. Each of them has shown strength in their own way, we have faltered and we have soared but we all have been together since the day we came together. I dedicate this post to each one of them...

I have been fortunate to have wonderful teachers throughout my student life and whatever I am today, is because how each one of them played a role in molding me. I dedicate this post to each one of them...

Having two moms and two sisters, I feel fortunate. I have seen each one of them carving a path for herself - each one has shown her strength in a certain way. And each one of them inspires me to live my life in an independent manner, the way I want and on my own terms and conditions without compromising on the benefit of others. I dedicate this post to each one of them...

I dedicate this post to every woman, for each one of us is strong in our way. Why wouldn't we be, when Matarani's all nine avatars, reside in each one of us and in different stages of life, an avtaar overpowers the other avataars and surfaces out stronger.


Shailaputri who represents purity and devotion and who holds a tridents whose prongs denote past, present and future.
Each one of us when born are so pure that we are considered bhagwaan ka swaroop (God's avataar) - the very practice of kanyapujan proves this. Also when we are born, it is said that we remember our past, even though we are in our present and are born to create a future. Thus, that is when Shailaputri overpowers other avataars.


Bharmacharini who represents balance between marital life and praying.
When we marry, we do enter the grahastashram that represents marital life but we don't stop being devotees. Even if we dont do idol worship, even if we don't believe Gods per se, we do believe in that divine force and we bow to it. As a couple when we first enter our house, we pray. When we have kids, we pray. And so on and so forth. And thus, we maintain a balance that represents Bharamacharini.


Chandraghanta who is all-seeing and ever-vigilant to battle evil in any form and from any direction.
Once we start understanding the family ties and the importance of our families, we are ready to go to any extent to protect them. We make every effort to protect them from any harm or any evil. We are always looking out for each other in the family and that is nothing but when matarani is present in the form of chandraghanta in us.


Kushmanda who is the creator of the universe.
Every time we give birth, we add a part of our souls to the creation of the universe. Our offspring is our contribution to this universe. Aren't we as mothers then the embodiment of matarani's this avataar called Kushmanda.





Skanda-mata who represents a mother and is the skillful one; who also imparts innocence, courage and compassion.
Having read everyone's views, thanks to this blogathon, I know for a fact that each one of us, the women, have a certain degree of innocence, courage and compassion in us. We bring out the charachter that is required based on the situation. As for being the skillful one, we all juggle between so many roles and responsibilities, that it definitely requires some skills and hence, Skanda-mata too resides in us.


Katyayani who bestows a sense of calmness and inner peace; who helps strengthen relationships.
I have seen, its the women who end up shouldering the responsibility of maintaining family ties and relationships. A woman is the one who if chooses can break a family or hold a family together and why wont she be able to do it, Katyayani devi resides in her to guide her and help her build healthy relationships.


Kaal-Ratri whose name means the one who does good and who offers protection and allays all fears
In the middle of the night, when the child wakes up from a bad dream, or when he experiences something for the first time and gets scared, he looks for no one but his/her mother, comes hides in her arms or behind her pallu - because he feels the mother can protect him from all evil. That's matarani's Kaal-ratri avataar being dominant.


Maha Gauri who washes away all sins and imparts a sense of inner - peace.
when the children leave us alone in our old age and go out to make their life, we don't detest them, we forgive them because we know, our time has ended and now they have to make their lives. Or when as a child, they knowingly or unknowingly end up doing something, we forgive them and show them the right path. Or when those teenage hormones are racing in their veins and peer pressure blinds them, we forgive their attitude, knowing they will realize their mistake soon enough and soon will be on the right path - because we have faith in our up-bringing. Every time we forgive them or anyone and forget and move ahead, its Maha Gauri guiding us.

Siddhidatri who is the giver of supernatural power, who imparts wisdom and insight.
As a girl child, we have the wisdom and the insight to protect our parents, to make them proud and to never let them down. As a married woman, we have the wisdom and the insight to bind the family together and ensure the growth of the family. As a mother we have the insight and the wisdom to teach our children not only the values and morals but skills this world along with all the bookish knowledge. We are able to do so, because we embody Siddhidatri.

I know, there are overlaps in these avataars, I know lots of roles can fall interchangeably under different avataars. But, I also know, that each of this avataar represents Ma Durga. She is the one for all and all are one for her. And thus, for me a woman is complete in herself.

And that was my take on today's prompt. I am sad that this blogathon has come to an end but I am glad, I was able to be part of this beautiful journey. I not only learnt so much more about myself but got to know so many more beautiful souls.


One such beautiful soul, Penelope Braganza blogs at www.pennyponders.com - do check out her blog for today's prompt.

Comments

  1. Nice,thoughtfully written I loved reading it. I'm glad I met you guys here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Uttara, it was a pleasure meeting all. And thank you for such kind words.

      Delete
  2. I love the thought and research that's gone into this. I learned a lot, and am glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post and how it is dedicated to all women. More power to us! I am getting all emotional now that this blogathon has ended. Will miss it. Glad to have come across your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Sumira, it was lovely coming across such wonderful women and their powerful blogs. Will totally miss it.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  4. This year, to research about the 9 forms of Durga Maa we had such difficulty. But next year, when someone looks up to understand these 9 forms your blog will definitely top the list! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a huge compliment Anjana, thank you so much ☺

      Delete
  5. Wow such a great amount of research!.. now we don't need to search for explanation of 9 avatars of Mata Rani!.. loved it ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult to understand the different avatars, but once that was done, it was easy to relate them to women.

      Thank you for such a beautiful compliment.

      Delete
  6. Lovely interpretation. So true and so practical.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your views...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon : Day 03 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : My Pregnancy It's been a few months over two years since I had my son, and almost three years since I discovered that I was pregnant. It was a bittersweet journey. Almost three years into our marriage, we started thinking about starting a family, I had my health issues to take care of, my college was about to end, I was running around for placements, clearing all levels before the HR round, facing rejection because I was a married woman. Amidst all this, I had started my treatment for Thyroid and PCOD. And because of these issues, I knew conceiving might not be easy for me and some medical intervention might be required. My gynaec wanted to run some tests but they had to be done on certai

Blogathon : Day 01 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : Being A Woman in India in 2017 (a positive approach) India has always had two kinds of people - Kahin Lakshmi ka Swaroop to Kahin ma-baap ka bojh (one are those who consider a girl child to be an avatar of Godess Lakshmi and other are those who consider a girl child to be a burden on the parents). India saw sati pratha and it sees female infanticide and but it has also given birth to women like Rani Lakshmibai, Kiran Bedi and Chanda Kochar. We have often heard the saying that behind every successful man is a woman who supports him. But today the dimensions are changing and in 2017, successful is a word that is associated not only with men, but women too - because today women are not content with ju