Skip to main content

Blogathon : Day 03 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com


Prompt for the Day : My Pregnancy



It's been a few months over two years since I had my son, and almost three years since I discovered that I was pregnant. It was a bittersweet journey.

Almost three years into our marriage, we started thinking about starting a family, I had my health issues to take care of, my college was about to end, I was running around for placements, clearing all levels before the HR round, facing rejection because I was a married woman.

Amidst all this, I had started my treatment for Thyroid and PCOD. And because of these issues, I knew conceiving might not be easy for me and some medical intervention might be required. My gynaec wanted to run some tests but they had to be done on certain days of my menstrual cycle.

It was a chaotic situation. And then we were told that my husband's maternal grandfather wasn't doing too well. So we decided to visit him in Kanpur. My husband went ahead while I took a detour via Mumbai for another interview and another rejection.

My periods were due too. And so I had to carry my file to run the tests that the gynaec wanted. Rushing to Kanpur, from there, meeting everyone, seeing nanaji in such a bad condition - the atmosphere was always tense around the house. And a constant thought kept nagging at me that I was delayed.

We were supposed to go back on 9th December in 2014. But our heart wasn't in it. Late at night, the night before 9th, we decided to stay back a few more days - I guess it was our intuitions working, because nanaji left us that day.

And meanwhile I was already ten days behind. When I mentioned this to Tanmaya and even though he said we will do the needful when we are back, we ended up buying a home kit for pregnancy test the next day.

I sneaked into the bathroom early next morning, before the husband woke up. Throughout I kept mumbling - please be positive, even though I still had my dissertation to complete, even though I hadn't started earning, even though there was still so much to do, I was willing it to be positive.

TWO PINK LINE - THE RESULT WAS POSITIVE!

A smile on my face and tears welling in my eyes, I slid back in the bed with the husband, he mumbled something and cuddled me in. But I couldn't go off to sleep, because I wanted to share this moment with him. Apparently my restlessness was enough to take him out of his slumber.

It was a happy news for both of us, but the husband couldn't believe it. Given the circumstances, we decided it was best not to break the news at home just yet. But throughout I kept thinking, nanaji wanted to see a great-grand child, if only... that thought still lingers in my head.

We came back. I broke the news at my home. Went to the gynaec and for the first time, heard the baby's heart, beating strong and I had lost my voice for a few seconds - that was the moment I knew, it was all going to be alright, that we will make it through.

My nine months of pregnancy are a story for another time, or if you are curious, you could head over to the blog post I wrote on my son's three month birthday here. But there was a time, when under the influence of alcohol, the husband broke down - worried, crying, scared - not for something untoward to happen to me or the baby, but because he thought he won't be able to provide for us, because he felt he had a long way to go in his career. He felt he wasn't ready. But I had faith in him - and he didn't prove me wrong.



Today, my son's is growing up to be a happy and loving child, albeit a spoilt one - because the husband spoils the mommy and the son. Shlok has changed our lives for the better - he is my miracle baby. Today I know, it was the most perfect time to have him, and no other time would have been better.

I am thankful to matarani for blessing me with the ability to birth him without any medical intervention as we had feared... for blessing us with this beautiful child... and for little pleasures in our life...




May I also take this opportunity to introduce you to Penelope Braganza who blogs at www.pennyponders.com do check out her blog for today's prompt.

Comments

  1. You know, somewhere I do connect with your story. My husbnd went through the roughest patch of his ccareer during my pregnancy and he ws scared too. My MIL alwaays said that when god has plns of sending someone (as a new born) he already makes arrangements for themm before their birth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my mom says the same thing and I read on other blogs a similar version of belief, so considering the number of people saying it and looking at our own selves, I am pretty sure there must be some truth in it šŸ˜„

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully penned down. Everything always happens for a reason! Just believe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penelope, yes it does happen for a reason - only if I had realised it earlier, I wouldn't have been getting so frustrated šŸ˜…

      Delete
  3. God always has plans for us. Those we cannot forsee but fear and most of the time unnecessarily . So glad it has turned about beautifully for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunita for such kind words. We should all learn to have a little more faith - only in the heat of the moment we forget this and then we unnecessarily harm ourselves

      Delete
  4. What a heartfelt and honest take! I had tears of joy, when those 2 pink lines appeared and I could visualize it all <3 I am so so glad through all the chaos, this little sunshine brightened up your lives and everything is perfect now <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is perfect, he sure brightened my days and made the nights so much more beautiful. Thank you ☺

      Delete
  5. Wow. what a lovely read! I can just picture ur excitement when you saw the pink lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha... I am sure each one of us was elated at the confirmation of our pregnancies šŸ˜‰

      Delete
  6. What a heart touching story! Glad to know you have family in Kanpur. Next time you come we have to meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sanjivini.

      I was in Kanpur at the start of September, only if I knew about this blogathon then, I would have definitely met you.

      But there's always the next time.

      Delete
  7. Heart warming! I'm sure your nanaji is seeing and blessing your child from wherever he is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akshyaya. Yes I believe that too, and I hope he is happy with what he sees.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your views...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon : Day 01 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : Being A Woman in India in 2017 (a positive approach) India has always had two kinds of people - Kahin Lakshmi ka Swaroop to Kahin ma-baap ka bojh (one are those who consider a girl child to be an avatar of Godess Lakshmi and other are those who consider a girl child to be a burden on the parents). India saw sati pratha and it sees female infanticide and but it has also given birth to women like Rani Lakshmibai, Kiran Bedi and Chanda Kochar. We have often heard the saying that behind every successful man is a woman who supports him. But today the dimensions are changing and in 2017, successful is a word that is associated not only with men, but women too - because today women are not content with ju

Blogathon : Day 09 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : One Avataar of Matarani That Fits You or a Woman You Know Today, with this post, once published, will mark the end of this blogathon that I participated in with so many wonderful moms, each with their own stories to tell. We bonded over our shared love for our children and motherhood. Each of them, had fought and conquered their fears, challenges, obstacles and every single one of them had come out stronger than before. I dedicate this post to each one of them... I also recently, found my girl gang, we bonded over our love for reading. But each day, that I have known them - I have thanked God, for this group of friends - the booktroverts gang. Each of them has shown strength in their own way, we