Skip to main content

Blogathon : Day 01 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com


Prompt for the Day : Being A Woman in India in 2017 (a positive approach)


India has always had two kinds of people - Kahin Lakshmi ka Swaroop to Kahin ma-baap ka bojh (one are those who consider a girl child to be an avatar of Godess Lakshmi and other are those who consider a girl child to be a burden on the parents). India saw sati pratha and it sees female infanticide and but it has also given birth to women like Rani Lakshmibai, Kiran Bedi and Chanda Kochar.
We have often heard the saying that behind every successful man is a woman who supports him. But today the dimensions are changing and in 2017, successful is a word that is associated not only with men, but women too - because today women are not content with just being in the supportive role, today they prefer being out in the front and taking the world by a storm. And this is my journey of trying to make a place for myself in this country which is majorly made up of a patriarchal society.
Born to a father who had no sisters in the family and a mother who was an only sister to three brothers - I have seen both sides. My paternal grandmother cried at my birth saying that I am the third girl in the family and at the same time, my mom and dad have never been partial with me being a girl child. When my paternal grandparents were busy cribbing about there being so many girls in the family, my parents were busy taking care of my studies and my overall development. My mom insisted that I learn and grow up to be an independent person.
Later on, as I got married, my husband insisted that I continue working - not to contribute to the family income but for my own self and my own growth. When I decided to study, my in laws and my husband supported my decision, when I got pregnant and decided not to work, they respected my choice, when I was wasting my time sitting at home after my son was born, the husband suggested I do another masters which meant both of us will have to live apart, but he nudged me forward. And today when I am juggling between being a student, a Mom, a daughter-in-law and a daughter, I am able to do so successfully (to a great extent) - it's not only because of my strong determination but also because of their love for me and their belief in my dreams.
On that note, women in India today even though still are victims of gender discrimination and not all are as fortunate as I was, but things are slowly and gradually changing, the picture is changing and all for the good. Today women are doing great things, they are reaching greater heights, they are setting newer standards. Today a women can stand shoulder to shoulder with a man at work and yet take up the role of a wife, a daughter-in-law / daughter, a sister and a mother as soon as she is back home. She has learned to juggle between many things and has mastered the art of multi-tasking. Today, a woman only has to want to do something... and then sky is the limit for her.
Today, I can proudly say, that my country allows me to be whatever I want if I have decided to do it. Today my country is making every effort to bring women to the fore. Today my country has made it easier for women to excel. Today my country is moving forward - the attitudes are changing, the mindsets are changing, the outlook is changing. And today my Bharat is growing.


In the end, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Penelope Braganza who blogs at www.pennyponders.com do check out her post on the prompt for today.


Comments

  1. So many roles rolled into one! How do you do it mamma? More power to you! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...
      Thank you Anjani. But like I said, my job is made easier with all the support I get from my family and friends ☺

      Delete
  2. We are all lucky to have such parents and husbands. Hope every Indian starts thinking the same way some day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very True Sanjivini. But with us being the next gen parents and our children being the husband or wife, the onus is on us to make sure this happens - what do you think?

      Delete
  3. Absolutely right - "Today my country is moving forward - the attitudes are changing, the mindsets are changing, the outlook is changing." - Mera Bharat Mahaan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed things for women are changing in this era and women are making the best of it. Thanks for participating in this blogathon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Charu, women are grabbing at every opportunity, even the slightest one sent their way.

      Thank you for letting me be part of this blogathon at the last minute. It's truly an inspirational experience.

      Delete
  5. So much inspiration in one person. You are super talented Khyati and your energy and enthusiasm for books,kids, family, friends and everything precious to you is infectious. Beautifully written and more power to you !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sakshi... your words mean a lot to me. Truthfully even I wonder at times, how do I manage it all. But I am sure its because matarani gives me strength to do it.
      Power to me, power to you, power to every superwoman out there who has adorned many caps.

      Delete
  6. I am so happy I read this, and I am so proud of you that even after doing the difficult job of nurturing your beautiful child, you decided to go ahead and study.
    And very aptly put. ALL OF IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Veena for such kind words. We need to lookout for our kind and this blogathon is working wonders for me. Can't thank you girls enough

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your views...

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon : Day 03 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : My Pregnancy It's been a few months over two years since I had my son, and almost three years since I discovered that I was pregnant. It was a bittersweet journey. Almost three years into our marriage, we started thinking about starting a family, I had my health issues to take care of, my college was about to end, I was running around for placements, clearing all levels before the HR round, facing rejection because I was a married woman. Amidst all this, I had started my treatment for Thyroid and PCOD. And because of these issues, I knew conceiving might not be easy for me and some medical intervention might be required. My gynaec wanted to run some tests but they had to be done on certai

Blogathon : Day 09 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : One Avataar of Matarani That Fits You or a Woman You Know Today, with this post, once published, will mark the end of this blogathon that I participated in with so many wonderful moms, each with their own stories to tell. We bonded over our shared love for our children and motherhood. Each of them, had fought and conquered their fears, challenges, obstacles and every single one of them had come out stronger than before. I dedicate this post to each one of them... I also recently, found my girl gang, we bonded over our love for reading. But each day, that I have known them - I have thanked God, for this group of friends - the booktroverts gang. Each of them has shown strength in their own way, we