Skip to main content

Nerdy Talks : Happy New Year

Yes, yes I know, we are already 10 days into the new year and it's probably too late to be talking new year wishes and resolutions - but hey, never too late than never. So on this note, let's get on with the post, shall we...
Another year has gone by and I had tons to be thankful about in the year gone by - but about that in a different post; because this post I want to dedicate to saying my thanks to the #Bookstagram community on instagram.
It is only by chance, that I discovered this community but it helped me combine a multitude of things I love which is definitely worth thanking for.
Thus with a big thank you to everyone in the community I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year. And like every year, this year too has brought with it some 'new year resolutions' but a bit different than all the previous years. In the past, the resolutions have been broken and the excuse given is that resolutions are meant to be broken. And then each year, last resolution is to not break any of the resolutions.
So, what's different this year. Well it has to be the tone of the resolutions - because this year I made some bookish resolutions instead of the normal ones which are so hard to keep and go out the window before the month ends - so here goes nothing (*wink* tell me where you heard that phrase - hint, a really hot shirtless guy says it in the movie adaptation of a book *wink*) :

*Blogging*
Okay, *touchwood* I am doing a good job at maintaining the blog so far -- I just need to continue doing it!
*Maintain and Follow TBR jar*
There are so many incomplete books and books in my "To Be Read" pile - because after starting them, I thought maybe this genre, some other time when I'm in the right mood for that, which is never right -- and those books have been lying around for years now. Thus this resolution.
*Maintaining a Reading Journal*
As a kid, I used to jot down gist of the books I read, especially non fiction and then when fiction happened, that habit  was sort of lost to the 'want of reading books faster so I can read more' -- I want to pick it up again
*Book Buying*
Now that's a big one - since I have started reading extensively, I have become a book hoarder of sorts - so the plan is, now that the husband has been excessively generous and bought me a kindle this anniversary, to rationalize my buying -- buy physical copies of collector's editions (preferably on special occasions) and buy / get ebooks for everything else
*Reading Challenges*
So I decided to do two challenges - Goodreads challenge is to set a realistic goal of minimum reading to be done; but then it doesn't do to read and read whatever comes my way - thus the popsugar challenge which I'm using to diversify my reading. Popsugar challenge is also helping me accomplish my 1st goal since I'm adding those books to the challenge which I own but haven't read
Goodreads Challenge - 40 books
PopSugar Reading Challenge 2016 - 40 + 1 books
A to Z Reading Challenge - 26 books
(Will do another detailed post on reading challenges)
*Instagram (Bookstagram) Resolution*
Post at least one pic on instagram daily or try to (of course travelling and other unforseen circumstances will be excused)
And to facilitate that -- take up at least one monthly book challenge
Monthly challenges for the month of January are hosted by :
@thebookishfae (#tbfbookchallenge)
@brookenicole.reads (#bnrbookchallenge16)

So with the hope that this year, because the resolutions are related to what I love doing, I will see them (resolutions) through the year and with fingers crossed, let's kick in the new year!
Ciao Fellow Nerds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon : Day 03 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : My Pregnancy It's been a few months over two years since I had my son, and almost three years since I discovered that I was pregnant. It was a bittersweet journey. Almost three years into our marriage, we started thinking about starting a family, I had my health issues to take care of, my college was about to end, I was running around for placements, clearing all levels before the HR round, facing rejection because I was a married woman. Amidst all this, I had started my treatment for Thyroid and PCOD. And because of these issues, I knew conceiving might not be easy for me and some medical intervention might be required. My gynaec wanted to run some tests but they had to be done on certai

Blogathon : Day 01 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : Being A Woman in India in 2017 (a positive approach) India has always had two kinds of people - Kahin Lakshmi ka Swaroop to Kahin ma-baap ka bojh (one are those who consider a girl child to be an avatar of Godess Lakshmi and other are those who consider a girl child to be a burden on the parents). India saw sati pratha and it sees female infanticide and but it has also given birth to women like Rani Lakshmibai, Kiran Bedi and Chanda Kochar. We have often heard the saying that behind every successful man is a woman who supports him. But today the dimensions are changing and in 2017, successful is a word that is associated not only with men, but women too - because today women are not content with ju

Blogathon : Day 09 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : One Avataar of Matarani That Fits You or a Woman You Know Today, with this post, once published, will mark the end of this blogathon that I participated in with so many wonderful moms, each with their own stories to tell. We bonded over our shared love for our children and motherhood. Each of them, had fought and conquered their fears, challenges, obstacles and every single one of them had come out stronger than before. I dedicate this post to each one of them... I also recently, found my girl gang, we bonded over our love for reading. But each day, that I have known them - I have thanked God, for this group of friends - the booktroverts gang. Each of them has shown strength in their own way, we