Skip to main content

Chai-a-Thon : The Pull Of The Chai

 

This blog is a part of the Chai-a-thon blog train organized by 'The Momsteins'. Now if you have been following my blogs, you would know, I did a blogathon with these ladies back during Navratri and it was so much fun, that I was looking forward to joining another blogathon with them and here is my chance on this International Tea Day with another blog train organised by these beautiful ladies.

At this point, I would like to thank Misha Jain who blogs at www.freshlybakedhead.wordpress.com for introducing me. Do go and read her post about her tea-time memories.

Moving on, I wondered for way too long as to what to write, what anecdote to talk about and I realized half of my life has revolved around chai-time - they are all fond memories, and they have made me love my cup of daily tea more and more.
So with a list of all those moments, I would like to pay a tribute to the trusted and dear friend - my cup of tea on this international tea day through this blog post...


  • my earliest encounter goes back to my childhood days - those early wintry mornings during the exam time - mom would wake up with me for last minute revisions and hand me a cup of milk tea - basically tea added to a mug of milk along with ginger and tulsi : it was my mug of doodh main patti
  • the first time I tried making tea was in 8th standard for one of my assignments which was a total fiasco - it was a funny incident and if you are interested in knowing what happened, check out this post of mine - but eventually I learned to brew that perfect cup of tea so much so that my then boyfriend, now husband commented that with this cup of tea I should be able to win the approval of my future in-laws : it was my experiment waali chai
  • when I joined office, it was a small 4 people - 3 on the staff kind of office and my boss drank tea like a boss and every time he drank tea, we would get tea too and it became a daily ritual to have it thrice daily if not more - eventually it was what kept me awake during long monotonous hours at work : it was my office waali chai
  • now despite these memories from my school days, I turned into a coffee person - maybe Nescafe ka coffee stall next to our department in college is to blame for it - but yes, I was only a few steps behind Lorelai Gilmore in my desire for my cup of *coffee, coffee, coffee* and with the option for the tea or coffee served twice at my second office, the trend continued in my second office and I had my beautiful - beautiful cup of coffee everyday till the malaai in my coffee became too much to bear and I switched to trusted cup of tea : it was my because bad coffee wala cup of chai
  • and then I joined college once again. Between late nights, long lectures and longer days, it became a ritual to go grab a cup of tea or two in the breaks between the lectures and it was a nice meeting time as well - to meet the friends from other sections : it was my galle/tapri waali chai
  • the stint at college was followed by a baby and as most mothers would know, what that entails - tons of sleepless nights, long days and the demands of the baby - I needed a cup of tea to keep my sanity about me : it was my bacchu waali chai
  • and now I am doing college again, with a 2.5 year old baby - my study hours are long, and my college days much longer and thanks to a demanding kid - my working hours normally begin after 11. It's almost 2:00 a.m. and I am sitting here typing this blog post which will be followed by my college work for at least another couple of hours if not more followed by college tomorrow that starts as early as 8:30 and which requires me to be up at 6:00 and thus my college doesn't begin without my cup of chai or should I say, my mug of chai : and that my dear friends is my jagraate waali chai
My day at college starts with "Nandu bhau... chaah" and for that cup of tea, I reach college at least 15 minutes before the classes begin to grab my cup of tea. I still enjoy my cup of coffee - but it is a novelty. I enjoy coffee like a gilmore but my chai is part of my day - my day is not complete without chai.



And that is my story of how the humble cup of chai has pulled me into its grasp and has taken over my life...

Have you had your cup of tea today?
Well go grab it, sit back and enjoy Rashmi Singh's views about chai on her blog at http://ajistshmomstyle.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogathon : Day 03 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : My Pregnancy It's been a few months over two years since I had my son, and almost three years since I discovered that I was pregnant. It was a bittersweet journey. Almost three years into our marriage, we started thinking about starting a family, I had my health issues to take care of, my college was about to end, I was running around for placements, clearing all levels before the HR round, facing rejection because I was a married woman. Amidst all this, I had started my treatment for Thyroid and PCOD. And because of these issues, I knew conceiving might not be easy for me and some medical intervention might be required. My gynaec wanted to run some tests but they had to be done on certai

Blogathon : Day 01 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : Being A Woman in India in 2017 (a positive approach) India has always had two kinds of people - Kahin Lakshmi ka Swaroop to Kahin ma-baap ka bojh (one are those who consider a girl child to be an avatar of Godess Lakshmi and other are those who consider a girl child to be a burden on the parents). India saw sati pratha and it sees female infanticide and but it has also given birth to women like Rani Lakshmibai, Kiran Bedi and Chanda Kochar. We have often heard the saying that behind every successful man is a woman who supports him. But today the dimensions are changing and in 2017, successful is a word that is associated not only with men, but women too - because today women are not content with ju

Blogathon : Day 09 of 9 Days of Womanhood

It brings me immense pleasure to share that I, along with 24 other bloggers are celebrating #9daysofwomanhood throughout Navratri. I thank Jinal Gada for introducing me. I loved her blog on the prompt for today - check it out on  www.foreversassymommy.com Prompt for the Day : One Avataar of Matarani That Fits You or a Woman You Know Today, with this post, once published, will mark the end of this blogathon that I participated in with so many wonderful moms, each with their own stories to tell. We bonded over our shared love for our children and motherhood. Each of them, had fought and conquered their fears, challenges, obstacles and every single one of them had come out stronger than before. I dedicate this post to each one of them... I also recently, found my girl gang, we bonded over our love for reading. But each day, that I have known them - I have thanked God, for this group of friends - the booktroverts gang. Each of them has shown strength in their own way, we